The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative and general office tasks for the Retail Operations and Distribution departments to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Responsibilities include providing organizational and clerical support to these two departments and reports to the Chief of Staff for the majority of the time and to the Manager for Distribution (also known as Centralized) as needed. Individual in this role is expected to maintain a high level of confidentiality in their work.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimizes procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages in department
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Responsible for data entry
- Support the department by making calls to vendors
- Retrieve data reports as needed
- Assist with invoicing
- Read and reply to emails on a timely basis
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
- Handle email inquiries
- Take meeting minutes
- General office support such as ordering stationery for retail, business cards, flyers, etc
- Coordinate travel arrangements & accommodations for executives and guests, prepare itineraries, plan logistics, and submit expense reports
- Arrange and coordinate internal and external events
- Prepare agendas and maintain calendars for senior management
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business or a related field or the equivalent in work experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a fast paced environment where the individual has to multitask and handle confidential matters.
- Excellent communication and report-generating skills;
- Strong research and report-generating skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Business and operations knowledge
- Strong project management abilities
- Proficiency in office productivity tools such as Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- Authenticity: Grupo Flor cares about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
- Physical Demands
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, and feel.
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach.
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 30 lbs.
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.