The Inventory Associate is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate documentation and physical movement of various raw cannabis goods within the raw inventory storage area. The employee must possess the ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently, often needing to switch between multiple inventory assignments in order to ensure orders are stored in a timely and compliant manner. The employee in this role must possess the ability to multitask, communicate effectively with others, and be able to produce a high volume of work under a dynamic and fast paced environment. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Execute daily inventory assignments including pulling, moving and storing product
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained, care of perishable products is properly executed, inventory and cycle count process is being upheld, finished goods are received/stored properly, processed and made ready for sale in a timely manner.
- Inspect product for damage, discoloration, and contamination. Ensure all cannabis products meet or exceed state and local compliance standards.
- Assist inventory team with gathering, reading and storing documentation of inventory including shipping manifests, invoices, counts, and other general inventory paperwork
- Communicate effectively with peers and supervisor
- Provide ongoing feedback and suggestions for continuous process improvement
- Clean, stage and tag product for outgoing orders.
- Loads (lift, maneuver) and moves (push, pull) product though warehouse and into/from trailers.
- Maintains a safe work area by sweeping, dusting, and removing (picking up) waste material.
- Verifies and signs for deliveries at the receiving dock.
- Fully complies with the company’s safety instructions and procedures, including timely reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents involving physical injury or illness.
- Other inventory duties as assigned and trained
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent in work experience
- Possess or ability to acquire a Cannabis Work Permit
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- At least 2 years inventory, shipping and receiving and/or manufacturing experience
- Cannabis experience preferred including strong working knowledge of cannabis goods and strains
Skills and Abilities
- Must have a professional appearance and communication.
- Must have strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be organized with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Must have reliable transportation and attendance
- Must be able to follow directions, written or oral
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, feel and see
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 50 lbs.