The Legal Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the organization and support of Grupo Flor’s legal team. The Legal Assistant will perform administrative tasks to assist the department with running smoothly. The employee in this role must possess the ability to multitask, be detail-oriented, highly organized and communicate effectively with others, and be able to produce a high volume of work under a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Work directly under General Counsel and Paralegal to assure that corporate and transactional legal documents are efficiently processed, organized and managed;
- Self-manage to ensure that legal tasks are properly completed by tracking due dates;
- Assist with corporate business structures, business filings and other corporate legal transactions;
- Maintain paper files, as well as electronic corporate legal documents and database;
- Complete paperwork needed by regulatory bodies;
- Respond to requests for information and general correspondence;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field highly preferred
- Experience with managing insurance policies preferred
- Must be proficient in Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Experience using legal database software preferred
- Excellent communication and report-generating skills
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Physical Demands:
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, feel
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 30 lb
- Authenticity: Grupo Flor cares about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
About Grupo Flor:
Grupo Flor is an ecosystem of cannabis companies based in Salinas, California that supports the entire supply chain of cannabis production, from real estate leasing and equipment financing to sound product manufacturing and retail operations. Grupo Flor seeks to elevate and legitimize the cannabis industry by pioneering a new business ecosystem of global companies and brands, and works to build leading cannabis companies that shape the future of the industry.
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.