The Product & Lifestyle Photographer/Creative Content Writer is a core member of our growing team. This individual’s work captures product and or people in situations or real-life events. It also involves capturing milestones in an artistic manner. The photos should not take away from the genuineness of the moment. The photos taken during this kind of photography are used in advertisements, merchandising, and product placement. It is also applied in corporate leaflets, brochures, billboards and of course websites and social media.
This individual is also responsible for creating dynamic and engaging content for the company’s advertising, social media, website, etc. This position involves a high level of creativity and the person in this role will need to research and craft compelling content designed to expand our presence across many channels and effectively reach internal and external audiences. This employee works closely with executives and the Marketing Department to develop, execute, and assess marketing and sales strategies.
- Communicating with colleagues to set up a time and place for a photoshoot
- Maintain and manage photography equipment
- Editing photos
- Submitting photos to appropriate persons
- Maintaining photo archive
- Managing photography sessions
- Take professional pictures in a studio or on location
- Work closely with clients and colleagues to produce high-quality photographic images
- Use different techniques to enhance the photographs as required
- Use photo manipulation software such as Adobe Suite to get desired results
- Recommend creative ideas to exceed expectations of goals and objectives
- Use artistic knowledge to enhance and compose photographs
- Review sets of photographs and select the best results
- Operate various photographic equipment such as single lens reflex cameras and film or digital cameras and lighting
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, event planning, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in photography art highly preferred
- Proven experience as a content writer and/or photographer in a competitive industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of photography art and lighting
- Strong creative presence and artistic flair
- Customer focus with a desire to over deliver on quality
- Able to follow instructions clearly to achieve desired results
- Able to stand and move around for long periods at a time
- Flexible to travel to locations as required of the job
- This position requires a self-starter who is able to work well in a fast-paced environment, both independently and within a team.
- This position requires regular transportation to our offices in Salinas & Moss Landing. Some remote work is required.
Physical/Mental Job Requirements
- Must be able to travel to satellite office locations and events as needed
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- This position will require sitting for long periods of time, walking, standing, bending, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger dexterity for typing and small hand tools
- Good vision, good hearing and reasonable noise tolerance
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards ACT (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.