The Retail Delivery Driver is responsible for ensuring the timely deliveries of orders to customers. The employee in this role coordinates with the Retail Team on storage and transportation of product and may assist the team in monitoring transportation, inventory, purchasing, and warehousing by using software systems and solutions.
- Deliver licensed cannabis product orders to retail customers safely and securely
- Review and sign acknowledging accuracy and completeness of all delivery paperwork including invoices, certificate of analysis, PO’s, shipping manifests and any other required documents.
- Ensure that all cash collections are complete, accurate and returned at the end of the shift with all required documentation.
- Ensure customers presents valid ID
- Load and unload delivery vehicle, ensuring accurate product count and safe storage to prevent any damage when making deliveries.
- Follow safety and security driving protocols and policies when making deliveries, loading or unloading product
- Follow and obey all vehicle laws while in transport or parking
- Greet and acknowledge each customer as they enter and/or exit in a friendly, positive manner
- Assist with daily retail operations at East of Eden Cannabis Co. dispensary to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently when not on delivery
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for both digital, curbside and physical customers by listening and responding to customer needs
- Assist with store upkeep, including occasional light cleaning of surfaces and debris
- Assist with product and order fulfillment as assigned
- Other retail and driving duties as assigned and trained
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent in work experience
- Valid California Driver License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have clean driving record, and be able to in order to be covered by company auto insurance policy
- Must have least 2 years delivery experience
- Cannabis experience preferred, including strong working knowledge of cannabis products, brands and strains
Skills and Abilities
- Must have a clean, professional appearance and communication
- Must have strong customer service and driving skills
- Must have reliable transportation and attendance
- Must have the ability to travel up to a 30 mile radius in the Monterey County area
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, feel, drive and see
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move minimum of 50 lbs.