The Retail Marketing Associate role will be responsible for assisting the retail team with marketing administrative support, including but not limited to social media, customer engagement, online reputation management, coordination with Flor Brands, as well as general marketing duties as assigned by Retail Management from time to time. The employee in this role must be a creative, analytical thinker with the ability to appropriately shift priorities throughout the work day and on short notice, communicate effectively and efficiently with others, and produce a high volume of quality work within a dynamic and fast paced retail environment on tight deadlines. This is an hourly, non-exempt, full time position, reporting to the VP of Retail Operations and Chief of Staff.
- Assist with planning, strategy and logistics of opening new retail establishments
- Contribute ideas when called upon related to retail marketing, merchandising, inventory, and design
- Assist retail with general social media and marketing admin responsibilities
- Coordinate local promotion, advertising and public relations as it relates to retail
- Assist with market research projects and associated activities as requested
- Assist with online reputation management, including responding to questions and reviews
- Contribute written copy for retail related marketing materials and display
- Other social media, retail marketing and retail duties as assigned and trained
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ marketing experience with Associates Degree in Marketing, Retail Merchandising, Fashion, Design or related field 2-4 years’ related retail experience without degree
- Proficiency in office productivity tools such as Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- Experience working in the cannabis industry or a complex highly regulated industry a plus
- Extensive knowledge of or interest in cannabis including consumption methods, recreation and medical marijuana laws, strains and more
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with various Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Yelp, Instagram and more
- Familiarity and interest in advanced technology to improve customer experience
- Ability to improvise and deliver thoughtful, deliberate choices in the moment
- Charismatic and friendly demeanor with the ability to communicate professionally with a variety of internal and external customers, clients and vendors
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative design, with a discerning eye for brand appropriateness
- Ability to stay on brand while working on multiple brands simultaneously
- Diligent, thoughtful, meticulous attention to detail, knows the value of pausing before acting
- Familiarity with branding and product design
- Familiarity with consumer buying trends and current market trends specifically in food, fashion, home goods, cannabis, wellness, and design
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, see, read and feel
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Authenticity: Grupo Flor cares about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
About Grupo Flor: Grupo Flor is an ecosystem of cannabis companies based in Salinas, California that supports the entire supply chain of cannabis production, from real estate leasing and equipment financing to sound product manufacturing and retail operations. Grupo Flor seeks to elevate and legitimize the cannabis industry by pioneering a new business ecosystem of global companies and brands, and works to build leading cannabis companies that shape the future of the industry. For more information, visit our website here.