Grupo Flor is a family of cannabis companies shaping the future of the market. Founded in 2015 with roots on the Central Coast of California, we have grown to become a true vertically integrated company with cannabis operations from seed to sale. We are driving innovation in the industry and bringing prosperity to the local communities we serve. Come join us in this ever changing, growing experience.
The Staff Accountant role will be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including, financial statements, in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. The employee in this role must be well-organized with the ability to appropriately prioritize as well as demonstrate professional and effective communication.
- Maintain the integrity of accounting information in Sage/Intacct.
- Understand complex transactions by translating contractual agreements to compose journal entries related but not limited to: promissory notes, settlements, convertible notes, mergers and acquisitions, and opening new retail store transactions.
- Support and participate in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including, weekly soft closes, a routine monthly close, a solid understanding of account reconciliations, cash postings, inventory, and COGS.
- Support and participate in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Demonstrate solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and forecasting to present information to management as requested
- Demonstrate ability to analyze financial situations, put in a framework and solve for solutions and answers with a methodical systematic approach
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting, or the equivalent in experience
- Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as Staff Accountant
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Well-organized with ability to appropriately prioritize
- Professional and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work well under stress
- Dedication to meeting deadlines and putting in extra time when necessary
- Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee should be able to carry up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis. Furthermore, the employee should be able to make use of the computer, which may require prolonged keyboarding and use of a mouse.
- Proficiency in Google Suites
- Authenticity – we care about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness – we seek individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation – we seek individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.