The Warehouse Packaging Associate is responsible for helping assist in the preparations of orders for shipping. The Warehouse Packaging Associate will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions, and arrange containers on pallets. The employee will check the product for any damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. The employee must be able to perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free. The warehouse Packaging Associate will also perform basic maintenance, conduct physical inventories and report quality variances. Employees will report to their department manager.
- Packing away incoming stock, taking/checking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Packing orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders, as well as signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to the shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks and forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining security of the warehouse.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or the equivalent in work experience
Experience & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1-3 years in packaging experience; ideally in a cannabis manufacturing or distribution role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and demonstrate cannabis product packaging techniques quickly and efficiently
- Ability to adhere to a packaging schedule an specifications
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Must have strong time management skills, and detail oriented
- Ability to fulfill any orders with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to sit, and/or stand for long periods at a time
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Ability to be a team player
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, feel
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 40 lbs.