July 23, 2021 In
The Retail Associate position will serve as an integral member of the daily operations team of the dispensary. The employee in this role will serve as the face of the dispensary, interacting with customers, cashiering, assisting with retail inventory, displays or working curbside. Retail Associates are friendly, compassionate cannabis professionals who guide customers through the process of understanding, selecting and purchasing cannabis products, such as flower, concentrates, edibles and topicals.
- Greet and acknowledge each customer as they enter and/or exit in a friendly, positive manner
- Serve as a point-of-contact for all customers visiting the dispensary.
- Assist with daily retail operations at the dispensary to ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Cashiers will use Point of Sale systems and be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare.
- Sell cannabis products and merchandise through customer service techniques and professional selling skills, including sharing of product knowledge and up-selling.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for both digital, curbside and physical customers by listening and responding to customer needs
- Perform sales support functions such as timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and returns to vendors
- Assist with product and order fulfillment as assigned
- Attend product training classes and seminars and other training as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are required
- Clean, professional appearance and hygiene are required
- Assist with store upkeep, including occasional light cleaning of surfaces and debris
- Other retail duties as assigned and trained
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent in experience is required
- Minimum 2 years customer service, retail or sales experience required
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older, as required by licensing
- Prior experience as a budtender, brand ambassador or similar role preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service and/or sales skills
- Knowledge of or interest in cannabis
- Strong teamwork and effective communication skills
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Professional, presentable appearance and dress
- Basic business math, including counting change and products
- Ability to learn and use software and systems utilized at the dispensary.
- Extensive knowledge of or interest in cannabis including consumption methods, recreation and medical marijuana laws, strains and more
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, handle, feel
- The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must have the ability to occasionally safely lift and/or move a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Authenticity: Grupo Flor cares about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
- Resourcefulness: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
- Innovation: Grupo Flor seeks individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
Job Category: Retail
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salinas Union CIty